Healthy honey alternative
The Animal Happiness Academy is all about honouring and celebrating the wonderful mutual relationship between the human and the natural world. It goes without saying, therefore, that we want to have a conversation about bees.
As the Animal Happiness Academy, we want to do our bit. We have found an amazing food source that does at least two things for our bee population:
• Gives something sweet back for bees to eat that gives them energy and is good for them. It is good for them because our inverted sugar is made retaining all of the mineral and vitamins from the plant, and not from refined white sugar.
• Eat less of their Honey by consuming something sustainable, nutritious, delicious and that is as ‘sweet as honey,’ so help the bee population thrive.
We’re delighted to be working in association with BSweet UK to import a wonderful ‘Sweet as Honey’ alternative made by expert bee lovers in Brazil, who have managed to create a patented liquid sweetener that copies the same biological process that transforms nectar into honey.
It uses the first press of sugarcane, that in crystal form is Demerara, as the raw material. The patented formula uses the same enzyme found in nature to convert sucrose into glucose and fructose. It inverts the sucrose into sugar syrup and becomes as ‘Sweet as Honey, offering a reduced calorific value by volume. It also provides a low glycaemic load<50.
It gets even more exciting! Our Brazilian bee lovers have also been able to retain the vitamin and mineral content of the sugarcane plant that would have ordinarily been lost in the refining of sugar.
The Animal Happiness Academy wants you to ‘Tell the Bees’ that this healthy honey alternative is ‘as sweet as honey’. Tell the Bees that it will:
• Provide an alternative to poor quality and mass produced honey
• Encourage sustainable and best practice bee husbandry
• Give bees something to eat when they need energy
• Offer a super food that is rich in macro and micronutrients with a low glycaemic load <50
• Is 20% sweeter than sugar, so it’s delicious!